Peanut oil for frying
1 quart, buttermilk
1 to 2 1/2 Lb.chicken cut up into pieces.
4 cups flour
1 cup hot sauce (I use Franks hot sauce)
1/3 cup water
2 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon paprika
Salt,garlic powder. To your taste
1) place cut up Chicken in a large bowl
and cover with buttermilk. Cover and
chill over night.
2) In a large bowl, add eggs,water,and
your red hot sauce. Whisk until combined.
3) In a large gallon freezer bag , mix
flour,pepper,paprika and Cayenne pepper
4) Remove chicken from buttermilk and
sprinkle lightly with salt,black pepper
and garlic powder.
5) place all pieces in freezer bag with
flour mixture. Shake until evenly coated.
6) Remove pieces one at a time, shake
excess flour.Dip each piece in egg
mixture and return bag to the floor bag.
After all pieces back in bag give them
another shake so there coated again.
7) Heat oil in deep fryer or deep pan 350
degrees. Working in batches . Drop each
piece of chicken in the hot oil. Fry 15
to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Turn
your chicken pieces occasionally if the
oil does not cover chicken. ( Remember
that dark meat chicken takes longer to
cook than white meat.) Also watch your
wings these will finish first. Enjoy !
Submitted By: Upper From The Up. from MI on 2013-11-12