Posted 03-21-2004 at 06:32:04
[Reply] [No Email]
You Know You're Living in the Year 2004 when...
1. Your reason for not staying in touch with family
is because they do
not have e-mail.
2. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach
your family of three.
3. Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG
file of your newborn so
she can create a screen saver.
4. You pull up in your own driveway and use your
cell phone to see if
anyone is home.
5. Every commercial on television has a web site
address at the bottom
of the screen.
6. You buy a computer and 3 months later it's out
of date and sells for
half the price you paid.
7. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which
you didn't have the
first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a
cause for panic and
you turn around to go get it.
8. Using real money, instead of credit or debit, to
make a purchase
would be a hassle and take planning.
9. You just tried to enter your password on the
10. You consider second-day air delivery painfully
11. Your dining room table is now your flat filing
12. Your idea of being organized is
multiple-colored Post-it notes.
13. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead
of in person.
14. You get an extra phone line so you can get
15. You disconnect from the Internet and get this
awful feeling, as if
you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
16. You get up in the morning and go online before
getting your coffee.
17. You wake up at 2 AM to go to the bathroom and
check your E-mail on
your way back to bed.
18. You start tilting your head sideways to smile.
19. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
20. Even worse; you know exactly who you are going
to forward this