Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Iron pot cooking
[Return to Topics]

ray    Posted 05-07-2004 at 18:51:00       [Reply]  [Send Email]
I just bought a set of Iron cookware.someone said the is a system for baking with coals to get the temprature .

Alex    Posted 05-07-2004 at 20:14:07       [Reply]  [No Email]

Cast iron (POT) cookware is commonally refered to as a "Dutch Oven". If it happens to have a "ridge" around the edge of the lid and little itty-bitty stubby legs ( usually three ) then it is refered to as a "Camp Dutch Oven"

Not only can you bake, boil, fry, steam, deep fat fry and make ice cream in them, I have also see them used in domestic hand to hand combat.

A very effective tool in the right hands, whatever you choose to utilize it for.

Try the link below, for an introduction.


DD    Posted 05-08-2004 at 03:12:18       [Reply]  [No Email]
Thanks for posting the link Alex : )

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community