Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Wanting to leave
[Return to Topics]

Carrie-Anne Stokely    Posted 05-17-2004 at 18:05:02       [Reply]  [Send Email]
I am looking for a place to live way out in the country as far away from my parents as possible. I have no idea where to move I just know I want to move to Montana. I have very little money but I am looking forward to starting a new life here. I was wondering if there was cheap houses/cottages/apartments to rent without having to go through a lot of hassels such as ID, birth certificate, etc. because I have none of these. I have excellent experience in working in grocery stores (cashier, bagger, U-Scan, supervisor) and in fast-food (Sonic Car-Hop and Fountain) and was looking for a job as soon as possible so that I could afford a place to stay, because the way things look right now, I am going to be living out of my van.

deadcarp    Posted 05-17-2004 at 23:09:29       [Reply]  [No Email]
When our family was young, getting distance from home was a big goal too. And not having to ask the folks for money. I don't think average parents stop and realize what a big step it is, stepping out of a lifetime of vagrancy & just taking on the whole world all at once. There should be a ceremony for leaving home, like weddings or funerals or other major events.
Try to remember all the advice you've absorbed and even if you swear you'll NEVER come back, don't burn bridges behind you - never's a long long time. Good luck whatever you decide. :)

~Lenore    Posted 05-17-2004 at 20:19:05       [Reply]  [No Email]
Hon, before you consider leaving you need to get a copy of your birth certificate. You can not get a job or anything else without one. You can get one from your county clerk's office for about $10 and you need a social security card. You also need your high school diploma or a copy of it or a GED certificate. All of these things are not options they are needed.

Maybe after you get those things done, you may decide it is just too much trouble to run away. The "real world" is not easy and you may find home is bearable for the time being.

I wish you all the best but, dont run off with no money or ID or things you will need. That would not be a good start for you "new life".

Chas in Me    Posted 05-17-2004 at 18:58:14       [Reply]  [No Email]
Hey girl,
You can't exist in today's world without some form of identification. You can't even get a long distance bus ticket without it. Hold the travel plans until you can get established. There isn't an employer who would dare to hire someone without ID. You can't start a bank account without it. Listen to what the other's have said and settle your problems as close to home as you can.
We're pullin for you.

DD    Posted 05-17-2004 at 18:30:17       [Reply]  [No Email]
Carrie-Anne, I don't know you or your situation but you sound mighty young to me. I'm not old by any means (36) but I can tell ya from experience: Don't chop off your nose to spite your face ; ) If you're having a rough time with your parents right now and run away, that won't solve a thing and it can sure get mighty lonely out there on your own if you cut all ties with them. I know that's hard to see sometimes when you're young but try to see things from their perspective too before you make a hasty decision. There are lotsa good folks here if you need to just blow off some steam sometime. (((HUGS))) I'll be Praying for you Carrie-Anne : )

Alias    Posted 05-17-2004 at 18:46:05       [Reply]  [No Email]
Carrie Anne, I'd just like to back up the suggestions made by DD. But, of course, we don't know what your situation is like. If it is as a result of the normal parent/child disputes. these can be worked out with open dialog and understanding through Love. But, if there is abuse involved, seek help with a minister or with the welfare department in your town. Remember, you're never alone. People want to help if you are sincere and want to improve your condition.
So, look into the options available in your town and get back to us.........gfp

Aprille    Posted 05-17-2004 at 19:36:19       [Reply]  [Send Email]
I think it would be good to listen to all of us here must be hard to see right now but help is out there for u..please let us know if we can help in any way..Montana is a big place..people aren't as nice as one would wish for..please..stay at home..or find a safe place..God bless and let us know if there is something we can do ok?

Pat M.    Posted 05-17-2004 at 19:58:20       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Yes, please do not do anything rash! I have had that feeling that you just want to run as far and as fast as you can too. After careful thought, I knew in my heart that there was no where to run because the problems and *baggage* we carry always goes with us. Of course, that was many moons ago. VBG. Deal with one problem at a time. Take one day at a time. Put one foot in front of the other. With the work experience you have listed, you sound like a responsible young woman.
If you want Montana, it will still be there when YOU are ready to be there.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community