Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

[Return to Topics]

D.Starr    Posted 05-26-2004 at 07:12:27       [Reply]  [Send Email]
We put out those lil rat poison things that come in a lil box(lil blue pellets).Sometime the hens catch 1 of these lil mice & eat it.If the mouse ate the poison & the hen eats the mouse will it hurt the hen?
thank you!!

EngineerJoyce    Posted 05-26-2004 at 12:11:51       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Yeah, that's bad stuff. I would worry about eating the chicken and eggs if I thought they had eaten a mouse that had eaten poison. I know that's a long chain of stuff eating stuff, but I don't play with poisons.

About 4 weeks ago, my dad had a border collie with a new litter of pups. He thinks she ate a dead mouse that had been poisoned, 'cause she died the night he moved her and the litter. He had to put the litter on another dog to raise. The pups are now 6 weeks old, and I may get one!

Anyway, watch out for rat poison. It's made to KILL and it doesn't lose its potentcy very quickly.

Joel    Posted 05-26-2004 at 08:02:30       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Possibly, all depends on the dose.

From a practical standpoint....I doubt it.

KellyGa    Posted 05-26-2004 at 09:38:29       [Reply]  [No Email]
YES!!!!!!! My cat died from eating a poisoned mouse a long time ago. It absolutely could happen. IMHO, of course. :) How are the mice getting in the chicken house? Wire it up.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community