Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Squatters rights?
[Return to Topics]

ron,ar    Posted 06-11-2004 at 17:02:00       [Reply]  [No Email]
I know the laws vary from state to state but have any of you ever had to deal with any of this. I am involved in trying to get a renter/squatter off a piece of property he started out renting then quit paying. I guess I will have to get a lawyer and go to court, but it's out of state and a large hassle.

Mike in tn    Posted 06-11-2004 at 19:59:19       [Reply]  [No Email]
The last druggie deadbeat I had to evict was sent a letter by my attorney to be out in 7 days and it worked. Those deadbeats don't want to fool with a lawyer. 20$ well spent.

jfky    Posted 06-11-2004 at 18:44:56       [Reply]  [No Email]
In ky it takes alot to get them out. Been there done that. I even had a fool move in a woman from oregon who was on welfare- he moved out and left her. The sheriff told me of they live there for 30 days even if there name is not on the lease ky law says they have established residency. takes 3 delivery by the sheriff and almost 45 days to get em out. My advice to you is get out of the rental game-not worth it unless you have rental propert that rents for 700 month or more. that way you can cull t5he deadbeats off the bat and that is still not fool proof

SusieQ    Posted 06-12-2004 at 02:54:59       [Reply]  [No Email]
Got to agree here, iron clad leases only way to protect oneself, or just sell any property outright these days, just not worth all the hassle.

Burrhead    Posted 06-11-2004 at 17:36:18       [Reply]  [No Email]
Ron if yer talking about in Texas with the last no pay feller I had to get a JP court order and give them 60 days.

They tell you the law is 30 days and it is but you have to give 30 days notice that you are going to give them a final 30 days notice.

Best I can remember the eviction cost me $57 for the order and having it served by the constable. The JP told me if the deadbeat had wanted to contest it for any reason we would have had to delay the eviction til it went thru small claims court.

donna in wv    Posted 06-11-2004 at 17:22:54       [Reply]  [Send Email]
got some BIG coal mine shafts that have outcrop?holes where a vein opens to the surface you can see about 20ft then it's just darkness. could hide anything or anybody[hint/hint] get em to w.v and we will take came of the rest!!!

Juliana    Posted 06-11-2004 at 20:47:03       [Reply]  [No Email]
Donna, wasn't there a murder case a few years back where a body was hidden in one of those mine shafts?

Dieselrider    Posted 06-11-2004 at 17:18:16       [Reply]  [No Email]
I don't know about where you're at but here the first step is giving an eviction notice then they are supposed to vacate within 30 or 60 days- it's been along time since I've rented out places-then you may need a lawyer and the constible or sherif. Give me a holler ifin ya needs help hidin the bodies. Be glad to help, I've been there.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community