|J B ||
Posted 07-01-2004 at 19:41:11
[Reply] [No Email]
Got this recently and thought I'd share:
Rules of Housecleaning
1. I don't do windows because ... I love birds.. I couldn't live with myself if one flew into a crystal clear and clean window and bashed his little head in.
2. I don't wax floors because ... A guest might slip, fall, and sue me. Besides, I'd probably feel badly for them.
3. I don't mind the dust bunnies because ... I like them, they are very good company, I have named most of them, and they don't talk back.
4. I don't disturb cobwebs because. . I think every creature should have its own space, and besides, my hubby loves spiders.
5. I don't Spring Clean because ... I love all the seasons and it somehow seems unfair to the other seasons.
6. I don't plant a garden because ... I don't want to get in God's way, He's an excellent designer.
7. I don't put things away because ... my husband will never be able to find them again.
8. I don't do gourmet meals when I entertain because ..... I don't want my guests to worry about having to top my culinary art, when I dine at their house. And you gotta admit, there is something charming about pitching packages of baloney and cheese, and a loaf of bread, on the table, and calling, "It's ready!"
9. I don't iron because ... the label says, "Permanent Press", and who am I to dispute it?
10. I don't stress much on anything because ... "A Type" personalities die young and, let's face it, I plan to stick around and become a sharp tongued, prune faced, crusty ol' woman!!!!
Posted 07-02-2004 at 06:43:30
[Reply] [No Email]
No offence, but how are you ever going to get guest to come if you don't wash windows, clean floors, don't dust, don't pick up cobwebs, don't put things away? You talk about worrying about the guests that come...what guest would want to go? I'm sure you are kind and warm hearted, but don't you even get tired of the klutter?