Posted 07-25-2004 at 14:17:27
[Reply] [No Email]
Take The Following Quiz
Take the following quiz.
You don't need a pen, pencil, or paper.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for Best Actor
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series Winners.
How did you do?
NONE of us remembers the headliners of yesterday.
There are no second-rate achievers on the above quiz.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies.
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here's another quiz.
See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name a half dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Wasn't that a lot easier?
The people who make a difference in your life aren't the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They're the ones who care enough to spend personal time and effort for you.
Take a minute to send this to a friend,
Or do you have to go accept an award?
Disclaimer: This was not posted to be taken personally by anyone or towards anyone, I just got it in an email and thought it was kinda neat and wanted to share it with ya'll : )