Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

True or Not ?/
[Return to Topics]

Chuck    Posted 07-25-2004 at 16:34:50       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Got this message in an E-Mail today, is it true or not ? Scary if it is true

I recently had a neighbor who had to have their 5 year old German Shepard dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver levels were unbelievably high, as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind. The dog was kept inside and when he's outside someone is with him. So the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe. My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to the Swiffer WetJet, he noticed in very small print, a warning: "May be harmful to small children and animals". He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent were and was astounded to find that antifreeze was one of the ingredients. (He was told the compound was one molecule away from antifreeze.) Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking it's own paws, and the dog eating from it's dishes !
which were kept on the kitchen floor cleaned with this product, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy it's liver. Soon after his dogs death, his housekeepers two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer WetJet for quick cleanups on floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit. But asked that the word be spread to as many people as possible, so they don't lose their animals.


Judy in NC    Posted 07-25-2004 at 17:03:00       [Reply]  [Send Email]
It appears this is a recent urban legend

Burrhead    Posted 07-25-2004 at 16:52:24       [Reply]  [No Email]
It's false.

deadcarp    Posted 07-25-2004 at 16:48:41       [Reply]  [No Email]
Hadn't heard that one yet but i'm skeptical. Then again when the motel housekeeper splashed some "Works" on a room rug it reacted like instant battery acid - it started smoking and melted a hole thru it. And i once watched Superglue eat thru my patent leather boot. There's some nasty chemicals out there. Never know. :)

Alias    Posted 07-25-2004 at 16:42:40       [Reply]  [No Email]
Thanks for the heads-up. The products they put on the market now a days is scary.....gfp

Clod    Posted 07-25-2004 at 18:17:55       [Reply]  [No Email]
Go find a stray dog and test it.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community