Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Thse little rubber plugs
[Return to Topics]

Dieselrider    Posted 08-06-2004 at 04:34:28       [Reply]  [No Email]
on the side of hydraulic jacks for plugging the fill hole. Where can you get those? I've torn one and need to replace it but, I can't find them. Any ideas as to where to look? Someone has to make them for the jack companies.

steve19438    Posted 08-06-2004 at 09:07:55       [Reply]  [Send Email]
maybe the local hardware store has something that will fit.

Dieselrider    Posted 08-06-2004 at 09:57:56       [Reply]  [No Email]
So far the local ones don't but, when I get to a little bigger one I want to look there. Thanks.

mojo    Posted 08-06-2004 at 04:37:59       [Reply]  [No Email]
Try McMaster-Carr....good luck!

Dieselrider    Posted 08-06-2004 at 05:39:57       [Reply]  [No Email]
tried them and unless I'm not looking under the right names they don't have. Thanks.

Clod    Posted 08-06-2004 at 05:36:57       [Reply]  [No Email]
if you was in houston i could tell you to go to a railroad supply place on the loop. but you can find a screw and o ring and fix it..i have done that before.chinese jacks. i think you can tap it for 1/4 inch sae.then find oring that size..easier to get on and off.

Dieselrider    Posted 08-06-2004 at 05:41:17       [Reply]  [No Email]
That is worth a try if I don't find any. thanks.

bill b va    Posted 08-06-2004 at 14:31:45       [Reply]  [No Email]

what clod old you is how they used to make them . screw with a gasket under the head . sheet metal screw with gasket should be fine .

Clod    Posted 08-06-2004 at 16:57:57       [Reply]  [No Email]
I had a boss who leveled slabs ,He bought a lot of jacks like that.They used maybe ten at a time.When they failed he just bought more new ones. Most often they were low of oil or had an air pocket so I fixed most all of about thirty. The small piston O rings can be found at Lowes .But the plugs are a lot of trouble to re install.Find a screw and o ring and tap the hole.It will be easy to check fluid then.Oh ,Yes..In the big cities there are construction supply houses for construction businesses.Look in the yellow pages .

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community