Posted 08-20-2004 at 20:54:43
[Reply] [No Email]
Sounds like good rules to me : )
People here in Texas have trouble with King James and all those shalls and shall nots in the 10 Commandments. Folks here just aren't used to talking in those terms. So, some folks out in west Texas got together and translated the Greek into "King Ranch" language:
Ten Commandments, cowboy Style, posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Fairlie, Texas.
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin'.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Put nothin' before God.
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
(7) No murderin'.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don't take what ain't yers.
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff.
Now that's kinda plain an' simple don'tcha think?
Y'all have a good Day.