Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

[Return to Topics]

MizMolly    Posted 10-05-2004 at 05:34:19       [Reply]  [Send Email]
On an earlier post I had ask about removing grease from clothes. Somebody was telling me about some paint remover called Goofoff or something like that. Does that ring a bell with anybody? Sure would like to know the name of it.

BOSS    Posted 10-05-2004 at 16:24:47       [Reply]  [No Email]
Yes it is Goofoff. We use it all the time to remove paint on jobsites. It will remove old paint from the last painters too.

It may stain clothes so be careful. AND if you wash the treated clothes with other clothes, it may make them smell alittle.

OH Boy    Posted 10-05-2004 at 11:08:39       [Reply]  [No Email]
I have seen Goof-Off and also Goo-B-Gone in the local hardware store.

mud    Posted 10-05-2004 at 08:53:07       [Reply]  [No Email]
yep goof-off is a trade name for a remover. used it to pull gum out of fabric before. why not try hand cleaner? is it latex paint? or oil? a stiff nail brush and oxy-clean has cleaned dried latex off of stuff of ours. denatured alcohol too, but be careful. good luck

Quincy guy    Posted 10-05-2004 at 08:44:09       [Reply]  [No Email]
Suggest you have the mechanic in the family loan you a spray can of diesel starter fluid.
Hold it up near the fabric and squirt.
It will go right through the fabric, taking the grease with it.
Then into the ol' Whirlpool with the fabric to clean the residue and get the chemical smell out.

deadcarp    Posted 10-05-2004 at 06:19:47       [Reply]  [No Email]
just a guess but there's stuff called goo-gone.

("goofoff" good grief. quit talking about my cousin earl. :)

MizMolly    Posted 10-05-2004 at 07:55:54       [Reply]  [Send Email]
I think goofoff fits some members of my family too. Wish I knew what the name of that stuff was. I know what goo-gone it. It takes sticky price tags, etc. off of stuff and it is good for a lot of stuff. Wonder if it would work. Hmmm, may have to try it on a sample of some ole carpet I have.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community