Posted 10-20-2004 at 21:11:41
[Reply] [No Email]
October is National Pizza Month. Did you know these facts?
- Italian food ranks as the most popular ethnic food in America.
- About 3 billion pizzas are sold in the United States each year.
- Pizza is a $30 billion US industry.
- America has more than 61,000 pizza parlors.
- Collectively, Americans eat about 350 slices of pizza a second or 100 acres a day.
- Children ages 3 to 11 prefer pizza over all other foods for lunch and dinner.
- Americans prefer meat toppings to veggie toppings by a ratio of 100 to 62
- Pizza eaters consume about 251,770,000 pounds of pepperoni each year.
- The 10 most popular pizza toppigs are extra cheese, pepperoni, bacon, pineapple, mushroom, onion, beef, sausage, chicken and black olives.
- Gourmet pizza toppings include oysters, crawfish, dandelions, sprouts, eggplant, artichoke hearts, venison, duck and tuna.