Posted 12-03-2004 at 14:21:31
[Reply] [Send Email]
I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the poison control center. Today, a woman called in very upset because she caught her little daughter eating ants.
I quickly reassured her that the ants are not harmful and there would be no need to bring her daughter into the hospital. She calmed down and at the end of the conversation happened to mention that she gave her daughter some ant poison to eat in order to kill the ants. I told her that she'd better bring her daughter into the emergency room right away!
Here's your sign, lady. Wear it with pride.