Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

What is this tool?
[Return to Topics]

Peg    Posted 01-07-2005 at 14:26:18       [Reply]  [Send Email]

Hi all,

Dad recently found this tool in an auction lot. Any clue as to what it is and what it's used for?

The tool is approx 14" long and 1" wide and fairly heavy for its size.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Ga    Posted 01-07-2005 at 20:55:54       [Reply]  [No Email]
Looks like a tool used to scrape the edges of hardwood floors.

mud    Posted 01-07-2005 at 20:26:30       [Reply]  [No Email]
cuts leather for harness making.

Methinx    Posted 01-07-2005 at 20:17:22       [Reply]  [No Email]
the boys are at a too...Try posting here at sister site.

deadcarp    Posted 01-07-2005 at 19:19:00       [Reply]  [No Email]
looks like a door latch for an old refer unit.

Gunner    Posted 01-09-2005 at 12:05:29       [Reply]  [No Email]
Hey DC - Regardless if this thing is a tool or not, that is some thinkin - Nice job

F. Maxwell Knicker    Posted 01-07-2005 at 15:47:27       [Reply]  [No Email]
It's a tool used to adjust the auto-rotation of a WW I German helicopter (circa 1915.) A very desirable collector's item to aviation historians.

Peanut    Posted 01-07-2005 at 15:44:39       [Reply]  [No Email]
It belongs to GeneSC.

It is the nose picker/flicker he referenced on the Computer Newbies site Gerrit built.


GeneSC    Posted 01-07-2005 at 16:54:43       [Reply]  [No Email]
Yeah ya 'gotta "flick"it with a slight counterclockwise twist. hehe

Gerrit    Posted 01-07-2005 at 15:56:51       [Reply]  [No Email]

Alias    Posted 01-07-2005 at 15:13:52       [Reply]  [No Email]
I don't think it's a diamond cutter but, it might be used for scoring or scraping something like ice. Or, maybe it was a forerunner to the present day windshield scraper.

My hands are in the air on this one. For, I give up. ..........gfp

John D. Smith    Posted 01-07-2005 at 15:02:48       [Reply]  [Send Email]
I seen a lot of them, it's a pumpaluzer, of course.

So,    Posted 01-07-2005 at 15:08:19       [Reply]  [No Email]
It's a Pumpaluzer. Now, what, pray tell, is that and, what does it do?

Fergus J. Wix    Posted 01-07-2005 at 15:32:51       [Reply]  [No Email]
They are similar to kicklemons but with a shorter handle.

toolman    Posted 01-07-2005 at 15:32:50       [Reply]  [No Email]
by what it seems john is saying i would guess ALUZERS PUMPS , now that makes perfect sense to me , i

steve19438fettigans@aol.c    Posted 01-07-2005 at 14:52:59       [Reply]  [No Email]
can opener????

Bob Mi    Posted 01-07-2005 at 14:40:33       [Reply]  [No Email]
A worn out pizza cutter !!

Peg    Posted 01-07-2005 at 14:28:19       [Reply]  [Send Email]

PS - The photo shows only the head of the tool which is approx 4.5" long. The rest is a wooden handle as shown here:

Chas in Me    Posted 01-07-2005 at 14:38:35       [Reply]  [No Email]
That's gotta be the country's biggest church key.

toolman    Posted 01-07-2005 at 15:34:08       [Reply]  [No Email]
id like to get into a case of that church hic.

Lady Marsh Rat    Posted 01-08-2005 at 01:06:46       [Reply]  [No Email]
Looks to me like a king-sized splining tool for making window screens for the gazebo at the Skeeter Farm.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community