Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Need help from dog breeders
[Return to Topics]

dale anne    Posted 01-20-2005 at 06:39:46       [Reply]  [No Email]
howdy ya'll.....heres my questions..and problem..I have a dam that is reg AKC and a stud that is Reg ACA.....the questions are
1- can I transfer the male over to a AKC reg?
2- if i cant tranfer...what would I register the pups under?...AKC.....ACA?
thanks in advance...dale anne

Ron/PA    Posted 01-20-2005 at 08:03:27       [Reply]  [No Email]
Dale, from what little I have worked in this, here's what I can tell you. ASK before you breed. AKC is or was picky about what breeds you can cross register.
Don't assume you can register them as either. If both parents aren't AKC you may well end up with unregistered pups.
Having said that, I've found that the registration process has become so laxed, that I could probably cross my MinPin with my Rotty and come up a winner.

Lookee Here    Posted 01-20-2005 at 08:00:32       [Reply]  [No Email]
Try this

JoeK    Posted 01-20-2005 at 07:15:47       [Reply]  [No Email]
Seems it would be a matter of whether the two organizations"recognize" each others standards or not.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community