Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Threatened and no help...
[Return to Topics]

KatG    Posted 02-10-2005 at 18:48:01       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Everyone knows what is happening to us...things have ben quite the lst two nights...but tonight it went wild...they were smoking dope and riding ATVs in the Hwy...We waited until after 7:00 oclock like the officer had told us and called...they had changed the time limit to 8:30...They sent a cop out here to investigate riders on the raod...He was one of their buddies and made plans to come ride with them...They kept it up so MAtt took a picture of them in the hwy...When he did the boy turned toward MAtt and told him..."I have talked to the officer and I am going to sue you for haressment..You better not F#%^ with me...F#$% you!!!!" MAtt came and called the police and told them he had been threatened and feared they would do something to endanger us...The cop...there buddy...showed up and told MAtt that he could file charges on MAtt for disturbing the peace...and that MAtt couldn't do anything...The P.A.s office called yesterday and told MAtt to come in at 4:00 Monday...MAtt told the officer that and he told him to go ahead that maybe he could think of something to do for us...I hope ya'll don't get tired of hearing this old song and dance but we are at the end of our ropes and do not know what to do...KAt

john    Posted 02-11-2005 at 03:25:15       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Grandma's right Katg,let us help,we can all write letters,flood the police and state officials wit lettes,they don't like that at all.another very effective way around this is the media,newspapers can be very very powerful at times.and you can co-ordinate the media and police "attacks" at the same time so no one will be afraid to do something.they will be afraid nOT to..just let us know adn we'll help!

Ennis    Posted 02-10-2005 at 21:14:37       [Reply]  [No Email]
What did the state police say? You did call didn't you? DEA is a good place and don't for get the homeland security if you think they might be making bombs, I mean since you hear explosions. Atf is good for explosions also.

mark    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:50:56       [Reply]  [No Email]
many moons ago we lived in town. Across the
street from us was a bigwheel in town and
beside us was a member of city council, they
were good friends. There was a dispute over
property lines with the coucilman which ended
in our favor when a survey was done, feathers
were ruffled.

At that time we had a BIG black dog. The two
neighbors decided a way to get even was
make us get rid of the dog. So they started
filing complaints about the dog being vicious
,running and growling whenever the
neighborhood kids played on the sidewalk. In
reality the kids were teasing the dog with
squirtguns and sticks.
Animal control appeared on our doorstep one
day inquiring about the dog and the
complaints. We explained what was going on,
he met the dog and deemed the complaints
unfounded. He suggested however that we
start documenting stuff on tape. We did.

A few weeks later we were summoned to a
council meeting to discuss our dog. The big
fish in the little pond didn't get their way the
first time so they pulled strings to try a different
We showed up at the meeting with tape in
hand and following all the BS about our dog
we were given our chance. We played the tape
of the dog being squirted and poked by the
neighbor's kids. We also had a clip of the dog
sleeping in the lawn with our then 2 yr. old
sitting on top of him stuffing grass in his ear.

Needless to say we heard no more about the

Sid    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:36:11       [Reply]  [No Email]
It has been my experience and that of other that I know if you can get in touch with the State Police or Patrol in your state you will more than likely get more help. I know of a couple of incedents that the State Patrol could not do much as far as investigating but having a patrol car show up at odd hours of the day and night sure makes them lay low if not move on.

fredo.    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:34:25       [Reply]  [Send Email]
find out what party the stste attorney general be longs to. then go see the party chairman in your county. have a heart to heart with him or her they more than likley will be on speaking terms because of state conventions and such. i saw the very thing happen in my area when the ag got involved keep this quiet until you see whitch way the wind is blowing. the ag will be very interested if he is any good.


mud    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:25:27       [Reply]  [No Email]
Got one of those miniture tape recorders? Won't be admissable in court, but the p.a. will listen to it during the appointment. Let the county attorney hear what it's like to live next door to that young fool. Video camera? If I had either one I'd send it on to you, but I don't. I will send a prayer on though. Keep us informed. I hope you two will find peace come of all this.

grandma    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:17:17       [Reply]  [No Email]
There should be something we can do to help. Maby if we knew the phone numbers,or e-mail of local authorities we could all bombast them.

KatG    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:21:44       [Reply]  [Send Email]
I am scared to do anything ...KAtG

Willy-N    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:28:11       [Reply]  [No Email]
That is what there tring to do to you. 99.999% of the time it is a bluff and all talk. Stand your ground don't be afraid stay on your own place and let them come to you! You have way more rights on your own property and let them blow it. Don't show fear and you won't be afraid beleive me. Mark H.

screaminghollow    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:16:43       [Reply]  [No Email]
Don't give up or in. Take pictures of every violation committed. Then send copies (keep originals) to the Chief of Police re the dangerous and illegal actions complained about and the threat that Matt would be charged in RETALIATION for his complaints to authorities. In the event that the officer comes out and violations are committed in his presence or by him with them, make sure you get pictures or tape. Then go to the paper and DA about the cop covering for law breakers and or breaking the law him self.

Also consider suing them in court for the shots fired thing. It is dangerous and is trespassing. Sue for infliction of emotional distress.

Also talk to the DA about reckless endangerment by the shooting in your direction.

toolman    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:08:36       [Reply]  [No Email]
no kat we aren,t tired of hearing of this and besides it gives you a way to get some of it out and not keep it bottled up inside you. besides we care about yo u and what happenes to you an matt, i don,t honestly know what i would if i were in your shoes, it must be a nighmare, best of luck and God Bless you both, we,re here for you if thats any help.

Willy-N    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:06:08       [Reply]  [No Email]
You need to go to the Police Department and put a complaint in writing about what you saw and the police officer involved. You need to push the issue and resolve it. How do you know they are doing drugs? If you can prove or pretty well conferm it the Policeman would not want these people as his freind and have the Department know about it. Probley pull him off from reporting out there when there is a problem. This will grow till you wish you never said anything in the begining but follow thru with what you feel is right. Mark H.

KatG    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:14:08       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Well MArk we both smoked pot in our younger days and know what it smells and looks like...and anyone that has ever smoked it knows that smell...MAtt was at our feed house and was watching them...they did not try to hide it...went right on a smoking...I am scared now...Our police force here in Logan Country is knew to be corrupt but never knew it was this bad...KAtG

Willy-N    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:24:10       [Reply]  [No Email]
Listen to what screaminghollow is telling you. Very good advice to follow. You need a paper trail and pictures. Mark H.

Peanut    Posted 02-10-2005 at 19:03:01       [Reply]  [No Email]
County Prosecutor, Chief of Police, Mayor, State Police. Call them all. Don't stop until someone gives you answers.

Good luck and sorry you are going through this.

I'd like to see the look on the Judge's face when Matt shows up to court for disturbing the peace because he was taking photos.

Next time that cop shows up, have the video camera running and capture the entire discussion on tape.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community