Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community
Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

Channels
Gardening
Livestock
The Kitchen
Machinery
Tools

Photographs
Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Fun
Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Pictures
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Miscellaneous
Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

  
Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

A normal Farm Report
[Return to Topics]

Fern(Mi)    Posted 02-13-2005 at 17:02:50       [Reply]  [No Email]
Did all the morning chores. Fix the hole in the fence what should have been taken care of yesterday. Had to dig fountain’s side cover out of a water puddle and replace it with another off an extra fountain up in the barn. Picked up a piece of lumber out of a calves pen, with no idea where it had come from. Made up the buckets for evening chore’s some of them requiring varied extra supplements for varied feeding needs. Then had coffee with Wayne across the street, warning him I would be by in a couple days for more shelled corn. The break over, I commence to unloaded the trailer load of wood. Half way through, my cell phone rings. Answering it, loosing but a moments concentration on my walking I slipped, my feet going one way, the phone another, and landing knocking myself senseless. All the jerk wanted was, quote, “What are you doing?” That fall helped to make my entire day. The trailer eventually unloaded, I loaded up anticipation’s chainsaw and bellied up to one of Frieda’s tasty lunch‘s.

Lunch put away I was off to cut wood. Took all afternoon, the timing just right for all the wrong symptoms health wise to show up; just when the trailer was full; burning back, nausea, a bit of dizziness, headache, sore arms, and it was break time again. An hour on my cheekier-side and suspicion is telling me the chores are mine. I took care of the ladies first, then moseyed on down the road. Sure enough, the chores were all mine. It’d been nice somebody told me. I would have budgeted my time so’s I could have done then in daylight. That’s two days in a row. Day’s here are about two hours longer than the last of December past. Just the same…….?

So! That’s it. Nothing spectacular happened to day!
Fernan


Dieselrider    Posted 02-13-2005 at 18:30:56       [Reply]  [No Email]
Now how is it that you could be given a "normal" farm report? Ain't no one gonna believe that one, no-way! Lol

Just one other thing how can you tell that fall knocked you senseless? What degree of "sensefull" are you basin your estimations on? I do hope you're alright. LOL Have a good evening, Fern.


deadcarp    Posted 02-13-2005 at 17:43:48       [Reply]  [No Email]
you know the old saying fern, "the first 90% of the job takes 90% of the time - the last 10%? that took the other 90% of the time!" :)


[Return to Topics]



[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community