Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Termite treatment
[Return to Topics]

Mike Taylor    Posted 06-20-2002 at 15:26:18       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Any suggestions on what chemicals I can get myself (no license) for treating termites? Dursban is outlawed now. What's left??

This old house has poured concrete footings (no cement blocks) and the crawl space is 3'-4' tall. There are a few tubes running up the inside of the footings and some running up the steel support columns.

JIM    Posted 06-22-2002 at 18:17:20       [Reply]  [Send Email]
The treatments can be done by a professional or you can get the chemicals and do it yourself.
I would opt for the pro since they will also do an inspection and let you know what the extent of existing damage is. The damage they have done may be more than the cost of preventing future damage.

PCC-AL    Posted 06-20-2002 at 18:32:47       [Reply]  [No Email]
Hi Mike,
Check with your state or county extention service. It can give you the chemicals.
I have been told that termites must have water. Look for water leaks under your house and eliminate any.
Finally, depending on your situation, I would spray diesel fuel around my footings. Of course, I'm in the country and my situation is probably different from yours. Wish I still had a pound or two of DDT. Good luck.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community