Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Jen Pole???
[Return to Topics]

ken stephenson    Posted 08-09-2002 at 00:21:17       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Anyone know what a jen pole is? It is apparently some device for lifting or steadying. cannot locate any info on the net (yet).Thanx Ken

DHunter n NOLa    Posted 08-09-2002 at 08:59:55       [Reply]  [No Email]
Also known as a 'stiff leg'.

JoeK    Posted 08-09-2002 at 01:38:40       [Reply]  [No Email]
Term is "Gin Pole",basically a temporary braced lifting arm(boom)used to extend the point of lift upward or;temporary beam extended out from roof or third floor window and lashed/guyed in place to help lift a heavy object to second floor window.
Search under "gin pole","rigging","hoisting"

MikeH-Tx    Posted 08-09-2002 at 05:15:40       [Reply]  [No Email]
We used them to manually put up Ham Radio antenna towers. First you bolt the gin pole at the top of the highest section of tower existing, extending about 6 foot higher than the top (for 10 ft sections of tower). Then you use a pully and tie a rope to the next section that you want to put on top of the existing. Hoist up, secure, then repeat 10 feet up.

Scary business.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community