Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Old Sears Wagon
[Return to Topics]

George Mathis    Posted 09-04-2002 at 15:10:06       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Hi All
I have an old Sears model 600.60 wooden farm wagon with metal wheels and I'd really like to find out more about it. It has a central beam between the front and rear wheels with holes drilled into it. This allows you to change its length.

Thans for any help.

coaltrain    Posted 09-04-2002 at 18:14:16       [Reply]  [Send Email]
George that is called a coupelen pole. Thats is what holds the front axle and fith wheel and front axal to the rear axal. Coaltrain

George Mathis    Posted 09-04-2002 at 19:02:50       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Thanks CoalTrain -- I did a Google Search as well as a search of several dictionaries, but was unable to locate the word "coupelen". Is that the correct spelling of it?

George (who is old enough to remember coal trains, coal and shoveling it)

coaltrain    Posted 09-06-2002 at 04:31:08       [Reply]  [Send Email]
George I am sure I did not spell that correctly. This pole could set at different lenths for different wagon boxes or beds. The way it was designed would let the box or bed twist and keep all 4 wheels on the ground. Coaltrain

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community