Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Residential water wells(submersible pump)
[Return to Topics]

marty ray    Posted 10-31-2002 at 05:07:32       [Reply]  [Send Email]
does anyone know of an informative online source on the operation of the components of a residential submersible water well system? thanks for any help.

Gary Andrus    Posted 10-31-2002 at 06:03:39       [Reply]  [No Email]
I don't know of any online source but can share my own experience. I had an existing well pump replaced with a 1hp submersable pump with a 125 gallon tank. I get about 55-60 psi. Have had no problems,nearly 9 years now; total cost just over 1100.00. Pump runs on 220 volts and I have a 1 inch feed line to house, barn and garden. Barn and garden are approximately 500 ft from pump and I still get good pressure to run sprinkler system for gsrden.

marty ray    Posted 10-31-2002 at 06:10:47       [Reply]  [No Email]
I guess my post was too unspecific , i have a well that the float control in the pressure tank seems to hang and/or go bad approx. every 6mos. or so . I'm trying to figure out the function or the way the float interacts with the pump.

TB    Posted 10-31-2002 at 06:34:45       [Reply]  [No Email]
Is this a storage tank with another pressure pump feeding the house type system?

marty ray    Posted 10-31-2002 at 08:12:11       [Reply]  [No Email]
no, it is the only pressure tank in the system, the float valve is midway up the tank.

TB    Posted 10-31-2002 at 08:35:02       [Reply]  [No Email]
OK maybe an air release control. Are there any wires hooked to it? This shows it.

marty ray    Posted 10-31-2002 at 08:48:28       [Reply]  [No Email]
TB, it looks to be the venturi and air release type, i need to read that section, many thanks , i will post a follow up.

Bentcrank ya shur?    Posted 10-31-2002 at 06:23:38       [Reply]  [No Email]
Thar ain't no pressure switch on the manifold fittin before the tank? If'n ye got a float in the tank an itsa quittin ever 6 months ya may want to change out to a pre-charged tank with an external p.switch. Leastways thats what some folks do an get 20-30 years good rezults frum it.

marty ray    Posted 10-31-2002 at 08:14:16       [Reply]  [No Email]
yes, there is a pressure switch that actually runs the pump.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community