Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Insurance for haying
[Return to Topics]

mark ct    Posted 11-07-2002 at 09:42:24       [Reply]  [No Email]
i was just wondering what sorta insurance most of you carry for haying on other peoples property. i live in connecticut and while insurance is not required to drive a tractor on the road it ceartainly isnt a bad idea to have it with the way all these people drive. i dont do any farming other than that and would be cutting hay mostly for my own use. i do not have a homeowners policy or anything now because i live with my parents for the time being. thanks for any advice or experience you may have.

b-ob    Posted 11-07-2002 at 14:30:12       [Reply]  [No Email]
Mark a few years ago i had a policy with farmers group which was seperate from homeowners ins, run sort of high but was on road with tractor a lot now I have switched companys and have it with acreage ins. Not limited to listing tractor am covered what I am driving You will have to do some asking around to get it and decent rates good luck ITS NOT WORTH GOING ON ROAD WITHOUT

hay    Posted 11-07-2002 at 10:50:31       [Reply]  [No Email]
it would probably be a good idea to get some liability insurance if you are going to be working on other peoples property. never know what you might encounter like hitting/cutting exposed pipes, electric lines layed on top of the ground, or possibly even objects ejected out of your cutter and hitting someone or a building. as far as amount, that is your call. one thing is for sure that people do know how to sue for almost anything and one lawsuit can ruin you. be safe!

mark ct    Posted 11-07-2002 at 12:42:37       [Reply]  [No Email]
i understand that i should have some insurance coverage, but who would i go to to get this type of insurance, i know a few people who do this but they have a farm type homowners policy, at this time i have no land in my name.

hay    Posted 11-07-2002 at 13:57:51       [Reply]  [No Email]
call some of the local insurance companys and explain what you want to do and they should be able to help you or at least direct you of who to contact.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community