Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

What type of broadcaster do you use?
[Return to Topics]

Mark    Posted 06-20-2001 at 18:28:09       [Reply]  [Send Email]
What type of broadcaster do you use to plant with? I am in the market for one to plant wild game food plots with and I need some good advice. It doesn't have to be a new one. I have a 8n tractor to mount it to.
Thanks Mark

Spence    Posted 06-21-2001 at 07:53:31       [Reply]  [No Email]
A lot of that type of 3PH spreaders around
that can be had cheap cause everyone is drilling,
and it's a slight percentage more wasteful of seed than a drill. But for small acreages that's
not really a serious problem.
I have a Bogballe 225 that I got for 80$.
It's the funnel type with the bottom thrower that
the seed falls on. American MFG's made a similar
model that are based on the same line.

Mudcat49    Posted 06-21-2001 at 05:55:49       [Reply]  [No Email]
No matter what kind you get, a new one or a used one, you have to take care of it. When I spread fretilizer in mine (it's 7 years old) as soon as I am finished I wash it out and all over good with clean water and then I let it dry in the sun, or sometimes I help it dry by using high pressure air. As soon as it is dry I spray it down all over with WD-40, I then store it inside out of the weather!

Canadian Cowboy    Posted 06-20-2001 at 21:44:10       [Reply]  [Send Email]
I just got a damaged fertilizer spreader for $50 bucks, the metal in the bottom of the hopper was rotten but it still works. Get one that need some tine work for a couple of bucks, fix it your self with pop tins and poprivets or something, thats all you realy need, I gather you have other equipment that you will be using to work up the ground and finish it after seeding.

any how just my thoughts.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community