Posted 01-09-2003 at 09:17:02
[Reply] [No Email]
been postin this all over nuttn to do....
Arkansas Tourism Bulletin
This list of rules will be handed out to each person as they enter the state
1. That slope-shouldered farm boy did more work before breakfast than
You’ll do all week at the gym. He doesn’t need your respect, but he sure the heck deserves it
2. its called a gravel road no matter how slow you drive you’re going to get dust on your BMW
I have a four-wheel drive because I need it. Drive it or get out of the way.
3. We all started hunting and fishing when we were 9 years old. Yea we saw Bambi. We got over it.
4. Any references to “corn fed” when talking about our women will get your butt kicked….by our women
5. Go ahead and bring your $600.00 Orvis Fly Rod. Don’t cry to us if a flathead breaks it off at the handle. We have a name for that 13” trout you fish for…Bait
6. Pull up your pants. You look like an idiot.
7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of mallards are making their final approach, we will shot it. You might hope you don’t have it up to your ear at the time.
8. High school football is as important here as the Lakers and Knicks….and a dang sight more fun to watch.
9. No there’s no “Vegetarian Special” on the menu. Order steak.Order it rare.Or order the Chef’s Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey. Yea, we have sweet tea comes in a glass with two packets of sugar and a long spoon.
10. You bring coke into my house, it better be brown,wet,and served over ice.
11. So you have a sixty-thousand dollar car. We’re real impressed. We have quarter of a million-dollar combine’s that we drive two weeks a year.
12. Let’s get this straight. We have one stoplight in town. We stop when it’s red. Heck, We may even stop when it’s yellow.
13. Our women hunt,fish,and drive trucks—because they want to. So you’re a feminist. Isn’t that cute?
14. Yeah, we eat catfish,carp too,---and turtle. You really want sushi and caviar? It’s available at the bait shop.
15. They are pigs. That’s what they smell like. Get over it. Don’t like it? Interstate 40 goes two ways, Hwy 65 goes the other two. Pick one.
16. The “Opener” refers to the first day of deer season. It’s a holiday held close to the first of November. You can get breakfast at the church.
17. So every person in every pickup waves. It’s called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.
18. Yea we have golf courses. Don’t hit in the water hazards. It spooks the fish.
Now, enjoy your visit and then go home……..