Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

[Return to Topics]

Lazy Al    Posted 03-04-2003 at 07:05:06       [Reply]  [No Email]
I put a picture of my shears in the gallery .I bought it at an auction years ago and I can't think what it is called . Maybe I never knew .
Old age getting to me I guess .Can anyone ID it . It has Dreis & Krump
MFG co Chicago ILL on the handle .
It is a neat shear you can walk it right down a sheet of steel .
Thanks Al

Taylor Lambert    Posted 03-04-2003 at 19:33:31       [Reply]  [No Email]
Throat shear for sheet metal

Burlgoat    Posted 03-04-2003 at 17:12:06       [Reply]  [No Email]
Lazy Al,you have what we called sheet metal nibblers in a/c work.You can cut straight cuts or circles with them.They haven*t made that style in sereval years.

bill b va    Posted 03-04-2003 at 09:46:33       [Reply]  [No Email]

looks like thoat shears to me

Just a guess...    Posted 03-04-2003 at 07:08:57       [Reply]  [No Email]
Looks like an old tobacco cutter to me...


[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community