Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Swimmers ear
[Return to Topics]

chelsea    Posted 07-05-2003 at 19:33:31       [Reply]  [Send Email]
nothin i try will get rid of my swimmers ear. i just want the pain gone! how do i get rid of the pain?!?!

Hal/WA    Posted 07-06-2003 at 21:31:05       [Reply]  [No Email]
If the water is still stuck in your ear canal, there are over the counter remedies that help the water come out. If I remember correctly, the last one we used on my daughter's ear had alcohol and glycerine in it. It took a few drops in the ear and then letting gravity take the water out by placing the affected ear down.

If the water is already out and it still hurts overnight, I would suggest a visit to the doctor. The Doc will probably prescribe antibiotic/steroid ear drops that should take care of the infection and inflamation.

Of course if you have a high fever or the pain is severe, you probably should see the Doc ASAP.

Disclaimer: I am not a physician or a medical professional. But I have raised 5 kids that were on swim teams from the time they were little through high school. We ran into swimmers ear a number of times. Most of the time the OTC remedy did the job just fine. Good luck.

Taylor Lambert    Posted 07-06-2003 at 17:24:07       [Reply]  [No Email]
Chelsea I used to get it all the time working under water and heard that isoporal alcohol can make the water evaporate and cure it. One saturday night i had a bad case of it and tried it out. worked good,saved the visit to the doctors office. If it persists see a doctor.

Clod    Posted 07-05-2003 at 19:40:06       [Reply]  [No Email]
I dont know..Someone here will ..just check again here.

Lenore SE Texas    Posted 07-05-2003 at 19:48:58       [Reply]  [No Email]
This might help;
I hope so.
Goodnight everyone.
I am tard and going to bed.

WallSal55    Posted 07-06-2003 at 13:29:13       [Reply]  [No Email]
I agree with Lenore's post. My daughter had it
once and was under a doctor's care for anitbiotic
drops for the ear canal, too. Follow doctor's orders, it takes time to clear up. But if there's
pain, I would see a doc asap.

Clod    Posted 07-06-2003 at 08:43:02       [Reply]  [No Email]
If you solve the problem then I hope you come back and report the solution you used.It seems there are more problems than solutions to them.Henry Ford had a good saying."Dont find a problem ,find a remedy."

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community