Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Hurray for one neighbor!
[Return to Topics]

screaminghollow    Posted 08-01-2003 at 22:24:53       [Reply]  [No Email]
Very nice folks who live around the corner caught an 18 yr old kid shooting a potato gun at my livestock. Man of the house took the thing and busted it up told the kid he'd thrash him if he ever caught the kid on his property again. This kid is another neighbor's son. (son of the fence post stealing, welfare fraud neighbor with cop for husband) I didn't know anything about it til yesterday when I heard about it from others. I'd love to have this kid arrested and charged. He's been expelled from the school for disciplinary problem kids, shot at neighbor kids with a pellet gun, drove a lawn tractor through another neighbor's oat field mowing his name in the oats, and it's rumored he burglarized a place two weeks ago. Half the adults in the area have warned him and his mother that he'll be charged with trespassing if he comes on their property. I caught this jerk doing donuts in a field last winter and threatened to break the windows out with a t-post. When i complained to his mother, she tried to claim that the previous owner let her son do it. (I've owned that field for ten years.) This kid was so obnoxious on the school bus two years ago, that the other kids went to the highschool principal and reported him. He was throwing things from the bus window at passing cars, spitting on people etc. I sent him and his mother a letter a year ago, that they are not to be on my property. If I catch him around my buildings, he's in deep....

Linda    Posted 08-02-2003 at 13:23:48       [Reply]  [No Email]
If things are the same in your state as here, your local county attorney is the chief law enforcement officer for your county - above the sheriff or any other uniformed officer. Make an appointment and go sit down and tell them what's going on.

If that doesn't work, contact your state attorney general's office. Suprising what pressure from above can do to straighten up someone who isn't doing their job.

Isn't this kid, at 18, an adult in your state?

Taylor Lambert    Posted 08-02-2003 at 10:30:30       [Reply]  [No Email]
I just saw an Industrial tree chipper at an auction of an accident investigation company sell cheap. It was sold as obsolete evience where a persone got into it supposedly the tree service owner was in the bucket truck trimming around the other end of a house when his laborer/ nieghbor hood bully hadnt come back to fetch limbs. Another worker that had been the target ofthe abuse was the only other person out there on the job. They found that he had been cycled through the machine and was in the back of the truck in 2inch bits. It was thrown out because of the lack of suffiecent evdince and that disturbed scene. It sounds fishy but i beleive in some cases what goes around comes around. The landfill we run we getinto trouble if the slopes arent geen and slick. Atvs rut alot of them sometimes. Im waiting till i find one out of gas there lol.

Ladyhawk    Posted 08-02-2003 at 07:57:14       [Reply]  [No Email]
I with jimbob...if the police don't do anything about i would pay a kid to kick his a$$....If the local police does nothing to this kids coudn't you and the neighbors file a nuisance/tresspassing/

Jimbob.......Need a few g    Posted 08-02-2003 at 05:30:18       [Reply]  [No Email]
Actually, best to get another under age kid to kick the punks 'butt to the moon'.

bob ny    Posted 08-02-2003 at 05:23:13       [Reply]  [No Email]
what this young man needs is three years in the service maybe shipped to iraq

RN    Posted 08-02-2003 at 00:49:08       [Reply]  [No Email]
Key words 'with cop for husband'. Check your local laws for titles like 'official misconduct', 'misconduct under authority of law', 'misconduct in public office' 'intimidation by officer'. Is 'cop' city police or Sherrif deputy? Check with Sherrif informally first, then tell husband/cop to take care of boy. If counter threatened by officer, cop might be charged with felony depending on state laws. Child abuse/endangerment/neglect laws MIGHT be used against mother. Be prepared for hassles, lawyer on call might be handy. RN.

screaminghollow    Posted 08-02-2003 at 03:40:26       [Reply]  [No Email]
I am already suing the parents for destruction of property. Our police wont do anything. The kid will be 19 soon. Hopefully he'll PO enough of the wrong kind of people that someone will catch him alone in a dark alley and teach him a lesson. Last year he beat up a kid 3 yrs younger and the cops wouldn't do anything. I pretty much know, I'm gonna need video tape to make the local police do anything about these people,

magpie    Posted 08-01-2003 at 22:52:24       [Reply]  [No Email]
18 years old and still acting like that? When I was 18 I was putting in long days in the woods, and on the farm. Didn't have time for nonsense. I think this kid needs a good taste of the hickory switch, mabey his parents need it too.

Old Sarge    Posted 08-02-2003 at 07:21:22       [Reply]  [Send Email]
Makes me wonder what is going to happen next.
On my 18th birthday I was in Korea wearing Corporals stripe, crew chief on an 81 MM Mortar with four men under me. Geesh.

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community