Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

[Return to Topics]

Clod    Posted 10-17-2003 at 12:49:56       [Reply]  [No Email]
The crewboat had a 3 inch bore x 12 inch stroke ram.One side alone displaces about 57 CID.But if you swung the wheel from hard right to hard left,You would have to fill the void of about 100 cubic inches with pressured up hydro fluid.The former boss told me he could do it with an automobile hyro (steering) pump on one V 12 71 Detroits..I said I thing the capactity /flow of an auto pump would leave him a slow turning boat.But ,Its his money..also his project now.

Ron,Ar    Posted 10-17-2003 at 13:52:40       [Reply]  [No Email]
Get ya a Vickers hi-capacity vane pump and you will be a lot happier. Lots of floating around those old oilfield companies for a song.

Clod    Posted 10-17-2003 at 16:31:05       [Reply]  [No Email]
thanks for that info Ron Ark..The guy is never open to suggestions untill his ideas are thouroughly flatten by reality..But anyway..Im leaveing him to his own ways of engineering>I flew the coup..How have you been .I have not seen your name on the board lately..You are OK I hope?

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community