Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Discussion Topics
To add your comments to this topic, click on one of the 'Reply' links below.

Log splitter
[Return to Topics]

Paul    Posted 12-07-2003 at 18:04:59       [Reply]  [Send Email]
I have an older MTD splitter that is leaking from the ram. Is there a place that might fix this or somewhere I could find the parts and do it myself? I am located in south central wisconsin. Thanks

Doc    Posted 12-08-2003 at 05:09:56       [Reply]  [No Email]
Just look in the yellow pages or ask anyone who has a dozer or backhoe and they will tell you where to take the cylinder. Sounds like just the seal. You can do it your self also, it's not that big a deal if it's just the seal. Check for scarring on the ram though. If it's scarred then a new seal won't last long and the ram will have to be replaced or just get a whole new cylinder at Tractor Supply or some where like that.

Randy    Posted 12-08-2003 at 04:05:12       [Reply]  [No Email]
Maybe there is a hydraulic repair shop around you, or a snowplow shop might be able to help with the parts. I'm not sure what's in them but probably just seals of some kind.

deadcarp    Posted 12-07-2003 at 18:13:00       [Reply]  [No Email]
they either have new cylinders at the fleet suppy stores or you can get them online at surplus center (click link below) i've ordered from there and you can complete the online form and then mail a cashiers check. ups drops off the goods in about a week. :)

[Return to Topics]

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community