Posted 01-30-2004 at 15:32:18
[Reply] [No Email]
Someone mentioned shovels below. Made me think. What kinds of shovels do you have? I never buy the expensive fiberglass shovels. If I worked w/them all day, I would, I guess.
I have several:
1) my "dead animal" shovel for critters and parts of dead animals that end up near us. I keep this one outside leaning up against the woodshed so all the dead animal "cooties" can vaporize. :-)
2) Trenching shovel. This is my $1.99 shovel I bought on sale years ago. I cut the sides off and use it as a trenching (scooping...not digging) shovel. Store-bought ones cost $25+. (Also been known as "temporary dead animal shovel...stands next to #1)
3) Square shovel (Buck called this a "city shovel? why?) I just like them for scooping up stuff. I actually got two of these. One old, narrow and pretty darn useless...funny slope to shovel head...speciality use? Another new one.
4) Solviet military pack shovel. Dog poop picker upper. I think it can be used to chop some stuff too. It's heavy.
5) Woodstove shovel...hardly worth mentioning.
6) At least one round point...I think.