|These work good for starting a fire in your fireplace or outdoors and are easy to make.|
Here are the materials you need;
1. Wax. This can be leftover candle drippings, candle stubs, etc.
2. Sawdust. Keep a can in your shop and save all that sawdust you make.
3. An egg carton.
Here are the instructions;
1. Melt the wax
2. Fill each section in the egg carton halfway with sawdust.
3. Fill each section the rest of the way with the melted wax
4. When cool, using scissors cut the individual egg carton sections apart (don't remove the wax, just leave it in there).
To use one, just light the edge with a match (the edge being the egg carton section that was left on it when cut).
Kim, from WA, entered 1999-12-15