|When working with electricity, ALWAYS obey all safety rules. Electricity is dangerous if proper safeguards are not taken. All of the rules for working with electricity boil down to one caution - Be careful and don't ever work on devices or appliances that are electrically 'hot'.|
1. Always be sure the power is turned off to the device on which you are working. If it is plugged into a wall socket, unplug it first.
2. If you are not knowledgeable about the device or appliances on which you are working, don't try it - hire professional help.
3. Plan your work ahead of time.
4. Always check the local codes for your own protection.
5. Never replace a fuse or circuit breaker with one of a larger size. This could cause a fire or damage your wiring.
6. Never touch electrical fixtures when you are wet or standing on a wet surface.
KP, from WA, entered 1999-12-22