1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
4 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups flour, sifted
2 teaspoons baking soda
A little extra sugar for rolling
1. Cream the sugar and butter together in a bowl.
2. Add egg and beat until fluffy.
3. Add molasses and all the dry ingredients, mix together well.
4. Form into marble size balls and roll these in sugar.
5. Flatten these balls and place one inch apart or so on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until done.
I don't have an exact time for how long to cook these, the first batch just keep checking and when the center of the cookie seems firm and not gooey then they are done!
Submitted By: Kim from WA on 2000-08-31