Country Talk Discussion Board|
Aahhhh things that work!!
[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]
Posted by ~Lenore on March 15, 2004 at 21:22:22 from (184.108.40.206):
After much misery and itching and
having people stare and ask "What happened to you?"
I went on a concentrated on line search of poison ivy treatments.
Many different suggestions rubbing alcohol on it, washing with cold water, using soap...no soap. etc... Calomine lotion, Benedryl caps amd lotion and many other suggestions.
...but I have found relief!!!
I found several suggestions on line about hot water treatment. After more unbearable itching, I decided to try it. So I followed the directions and stepped into my shower and adjusted the water to warm. My poison ivy is concentrated on my chin, neck and upper chest. So I used the hand held shower head and sprayed the warm ater on the poison ivy. Gradually as instructed I increased the temp of the water to as hot as I could stand without burning my self. The heat makes the itching sensation increase to a point where you want to scream!! After about 4-5 minutes the itching disapears and the heat gets almost unbearable. That is when you need to stop, get out of the shower and gently pat skin dry. Guess what?!! no more itching! I went to bed and did not itch till morning! It is amazing!!
So I went back and researched that same site and read about some who used a hair drier for the heat treatment! So I decided to try that. My neck was beginning to itch to a point I wanted to scratch; so I went in to my dresser and turned my hair drier on and used it on my poison ivy; it has now been and hour and a half and no itching!!
Wonderful relief!! Thought I would pass this on for anyone else who may be unfortunate enough to get poison ivy, oak or summac.
Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community