Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

'Morning All

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Michael M on March 20, 2004 at 04:58:24 from (67.37.123.10):

Good Morning everyone. I hope that all is well with everyone here. Our weather changed overnight, so the barometer I have for a body is slowly adjusting, more snap, crackle and popping.
Ah well, got my second cup of coffee. Horse is fed, dogs are fed. I am having winter withdrawals though. It was in the forties last night, so no wood furnace to feed. Doesn't look like I will have time to miss it though, 'sposed to get colder again tonight.
Going to make a mercy run to town soon.My wife developed a toothache late last night, and we don't have any sort of remedy here for it. Going to be a good husband, and go get her something for it before she wakes up.
We are 'sposed to have thunderstorms today. If it hasn't started by the time I get back, I am going to get out there and take down a couple of more trees that I need to. My cleariing is getting bigger, log line smaller, and lumber pile taller. Slow going alone, but I am definitely making progress.
I had a long talk with my horse trader neighbor yesterday. Sort of ironed out our differences over the mare I bought. Some miscommunications caused by kids with loose lips, and some things on the horses he took his daughters word for.His reason for not boarding the mare until spring was that he was tired of hearing his daugher tell him things that my stepdaughter SAID that I said.He said she said game, never good. Also, with my stepdaughter going down there to take care of our mare, neither girl was doing a good job of horse care, more horsing around with each other than anything. Stepdaughter is geting some lessons in living and lying through all of this.
His health isn't the best, so he was unaware of a few things concerning the mare. I am going to buy the foal she is carrying.By common law, it is mine, as it is in the mare I bought, but he and I had a verbal agreement that I would return it after it was weened. Also, I need for him to file a stud report so that I can register the foal, which he isn't going to do if I just keep the foal. I want it, it will keep the neighborhood peace, and keep the bloodline registered and get me the right to breed the horse. So I am going to pay him for it, a reasonable price anyway.
Mare is doing great. I have her trained to where she comes when I call her or whistle, and I can lead her without a rope, one finger in her bridle. She is too far along in her pregnancy to ride, IMO, and her hooves still need to do some healing, but she is getting a lot easier to handle. I am really looking forward to hand raising the foal, and training it. I am betting I will have one heck of a good horse in it four years from now.
Anyway, all is well here in the Hollow, excepting the toothache.....
Hope you all have a good one.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: 'Morning All

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community