Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: A Modest Proposal

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Ludwig on April 09, 2004 at 13:00:24 from (65.196.0.78):

In Reply to: Re: A Modest Proposal posted by PFFFFT whatever! on April 09, 2004 at 12:54:01:

I think the concept is that we as Americans need to learn to separate our needs from our wants.
Like me for example I want a house. The apartment I live in however is really all I need. Being that I'm smarter than a doorstop (and most Americans I guess) I'm working to save up a sizeable nestegg to put against the house so that the payments won't kill me and make me live 10 years as "housepoor".

When I bought my Dakoter I wanted a truck. Now for my 70 mile a day commute I really needed a smaller car which would save money in the long run. The Dakoter with its V8 engine is alot of fun but frankly its way more truck than we needed, but now it'd squander a bunch of money to get rid of it. So my wife drives it for her 3 mile a day commute for which she really needs a good pair of shoes.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community