Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Rye grass plant-…..

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Fern(MI) on April 15, 2004 at 16:54:14 from (205.188.116.71):

....ed, and set. Just got in and am one tired old dog. Ready for supper and can not help thinking about a couple days ago. But I have to go back in time for these thoughts.
A couple months ago, noticing what looked like a dry (had not seen rain) computer going out to the road side for trash pickup, my interest was piqued. Might be a good one? Stopping, I near had it loaded when, the owner came out and decided to keep it. She went on to explain that when she put it out for the trash man to haul it away. She expected it would be pickup and removed directly to the dump, where it would be compacted and forgotten taking all its (her family’s) secrets with it to the bottom of the heap.
Well a couple days ago her counter-part stopped by. He gave me an interesting hello hollering, “Hi you old retro bait. Come here? It seems she has changed her mind and decided to trust your judgment as to what you might find on it, if anything and forget it. And, it works!”
Absolutely thrilled at long last a computer to convert my old five and a half inch floppies. But, what a time of year to finally find a machine on which I may be able to gleam some of my old files: my ancestral files, my old fishing tails, hunting exploits, just stuff, and all my wanted posters I swiped from the post office bulletin board.
Should I feel flattered to be greeted as an old retro bait?
Fernan

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Rye grass plant-…..

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community