Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: ATV makes and models

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Hogman on March 18, 2002 at 13:30:58 from (63.124.171.95):

In Reply to: ATV makes and models posted by Annie on March 18, 2002 at 07:29:15:

We have a Honda 250 quad 4 two wheel drive,bought new in fall of 87. Has hauled many tons of hog manure,several cords of firewood,rocks,dirt,hay bales and bagged feed 4to 500# plus me at a whack. Has lived most of it's life outdoors in all kinds of weather.
It looks rougher'n a cob and twice as long but tha old thing will still snap Your neck. But,it was startin ta get a little noisey in tha engine so Last fall We bought a 250 Artic Kat two wheel drive. Now I use it all the time and Maw Hog uses tha Honda which is not often so We figure it's good for another 10 or so years like that.

I stay off it now as brakes,shift etc are not tha same and We figured reflex action could get Me bad hurt or killed. This way I have now learned to think Kat.

As ta why We bought Artic other'n some other?I guess it just looked good and Honda has changed a lot.
Would I buy another A.Kat now? Not too sure.,it rattles (plastic) which I hate but cannot cure.It came up missing a lug nut on the first tank of gas which leads Me to believe it was not on there to begin with and I payed way too much for a replacement. It does have a low range which gives 10 speeds and is a nice feature.The electrical setup is noway as convenyent as tha old Honda's. The head lights are fixed ,two of em but like a PU, You turn,They look straight ahead where with tha old Honda tha light turns with the handle bars plus You can pull it off the mount and use it as a handheld searchlite.
Honda engine same displacement but much bigger,smoother. Kat is Kaiwsakiwhatever.

Given tha opertunity I'd try out some of Them befor buying. Too, I see no need for so much horsepower or even 4 wheel drive and I gar-un-tee You spend much time runnin around these ole hills'n hollers and You'll know about such things. JM2ctsW

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: ATV makes and models

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community