Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: ATV makes and models

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Greg Vt on March 19, 2002 at 07:44:05 from (12.152.242.135):

In Reply to: ATV makes and models posted by Annie on March 18, 2002 at 07:29:15:

Try not to get caught up in the bigger is better mentality. I've got a Honda Rancher 350 that constantly amazes me. Lat fall I pulled a twenty foot water logged butternut tree out of the mud next to my driveway no problem. I plow my 800ft driveway with it (had four storms over 24" last year) with no problems using chains on the back.
My buddy has an artic cat 500 that is a nice machine but it is BIG. The Honda 350 is much more compact and manuoverable (sp.). The one thing I don't like about it is it is full time 4x4 although I think the new models are switchable. One more thing to think about is direct drive vs belt drive. Once the belt gets wet on a belt drive you are stuck. There are an awful lot of OLD Hondas out there. Pretty much bullet proof.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: ATV makes and models

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community