Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3 wheelers

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Psilaxs on July 08, 2004 at 21:38:23 from (12.218.212.43):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3 wheelers vs. posted by Matt on March 07, 2004 at 03:05:57:

Given my experience on 4 wheelers i am biased and will say 4 wheels. I just bought a brand new Honda Recon ES and it is awesome. it is considered a midsize ATV but is rather small compared to big bears etc. But it turns on a dime, newer quads that are designed well do not have the typical understeer problem of older atv's or even newer ones such as Kawasaki Bayou's.

Very agile, less then an 6 foot turning radius (zero foot turning radius if you have the skill to spin it around) I say small quads are the way to go for handling, most people can ride them with ease if they do not get stupid, and just have a good time.

4 wheelers allow you traverse rougher terrain at higher speeds as being jostled left or right at 20+ MPH is not a sever a problem as it is on 3 wheels. If the front end washes out on a 3 wheeler and the rear wheel catches traction, you're screwed and taking a ride on the tumble bus. With a quad you have outside front wheels which help distribute more of the load impact to the outside of the vehicle where it is more stable, instead of "inside center mass" like on a 3 wheeler.

But bottom line is, whichever you prefer, have fun know your limits, and stay safe :-)

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3 wheelers

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community