Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: A lesson on the postal service

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by ~Lenore (no drivel) on August 09, 2004 at 08:08:31 from (216.190.135.159):

In Reply to: Re: A lesson on the postal service posted by Pitch on August 09, 2004 at 01:57:52:

The basic problem was explained in the first post by my pal Clod.
We live in a small town, not a big challenge to out post office.
Hwy 90 in the Liberty Post Office area starts with a 100 block and there is only one customer in the one hundred block which is right next to the west city limit sign.
If you went any farther west you would be in the Dayton post office area.
Now Clod lives on the far east side of the very same Hwy 90 in the 10,000 block, which is also the last block on the hwy.. His mail was addressed to him in care of the company he works for that has been in that location for many years.

Pitch, you did assume (ass=u=me) I always think of that little quip when someone "assumes", that Clod was "a raving abusive customer". I can assure you he was not. He is a very calm, laid back polite gentleman. The post mistress in a personal conversation with him told him she would check into it and call him. She has not called.

Like so many of us here, he may vent his frustration here about different things. If no one could do that, this board would not have nearly as many readers and posters.

Be warned, Pitch, by the way, my favorite time of the year is coming soon. You will be seeing DRIVEL on here, because I dont want to go "somewhere else" to post it. :-)

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: A lesson on the postal service

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community