Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Clod reader on August 24, 2004 at 19:17:19 from (4.226.144.183):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tw posted by Burrhead on August 24, 2004 at 19:07:47:

The 'Clinton Era' in Quotes
by John Hawkins
Don't you miss the Clintons? Monica Lewinsky, Gennifer Flowers, Whitewater, impeachment hearings, perjury, cash for pardons, trashing the White House, Vince Foster's suicide, raising taxes, "loathing" the military, Waco, Elian Gonzalez, Janet Reno, Jocelyn Elders, renting out the Lincoln bedroom, travelgate, Paula Jones, etc, etc, etc.

Well you can relive those days with "The 'Clinton Era' in Quotes"...Enjoy

Hypocrisy

"I think the country could be spared a lot of agony and the government could worry about inflation and a lot of other problems if [Nixon would] go on and resign. [There is] no question that an admission of making false statements to government officials and interfering with the FBI and the CIA is an impeachable offense." -- Bill Clinton on Richard Nixon in 1974

"The other thing we have to do is to take seriously the role in this problem of...older men who prey on underage women... There are consequences to decisions and...one way or the other, people always wind up being held accountable" -- Bill Clinton on teen pregnancy in 1996

"I ask that all Americans demonstrate in their personal and public lives...the high ethical standards that are essential to good character and to the continued success of our Nation -- Bill Clinton in 1997 during National Character Counts Week.

"The road to tyranny, we must never forget, begins with the destruction of the truth" -- Bill Clinton in 1995

"There's just no such thing as truth when it comes to him. He just says whatever sounds good and worries about it after the election" -- Bill Clinton on George Bush during the 1992 election

"No wonder Americans hate politics when, year in and year out, they hear politicians make promises that won't come true because they don't even mean them - campaign fantasies that win elections but don't get nations moving again" -- Bill Clinton during the 1992 election

"It is wrong to raise money on the promise of guaranteeing specific kinds of access. That is wrong and we have stopped that" -- Bill Clinton, 1995

Oppresion

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people" -- Bill Clinton 1993 on MTV

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans" -- Bill Clinton in 1993 from USA Today

You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say." -- Bill Clinton in 1993, Philadeplphia

The Classics

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is" -- Bill Clinton's Grand Jury Testimony

"[W]hen I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale." -- Bill Clinton

"I am writing too in the hope that my telling you this one story will help you to understand more clearly how so many fine people have come to find themselves still loving their country but loathing the military " -- Bill Clinton in a letter 1969

"I'll tell you the whole story about that budget. Probably there are people in this room still mad at me at that budget because you think I raised your taxes too much. It might surprise you to know that I think I raised them too much, too" -- Bill Clinton 1995

"

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community