Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: 1000th casualty

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by mud- troubled on September 08, 2004 at 07:38:06 from (12.134.208.207):

In Reply to: 1000th casualty posted by mojo on September 08, 2004 at 04:58:56:

heres what i dont understand. how can we teach them folks about freedom when they aint had it? our country was founded on a thirst for it. can that thirst be given to others? thats our gamble aint it?

i dont like the mess over there, not one bit. i figure if we pull out it will become a bigger mess than if we stay put. in the meantime we keep sending home coffins. them servicemen that died cant just die in vain, i know that. breaks my dam heart to think of the fatherless children and widows that are paying the ultimate price for another cultures introduction to freedom.

if it keeps up we'll have to re-mortgage the country to put them folks to right. then there aint no gaurentee that they'll keep it right after we spilt our blood there. this mess aint nothing like ww2. it is a culture that places little value on life, so why should we think they ought to place a value on freedom.

you got to love life to love freedom. them folks is differant than us that way, thats how i see it. i shore wish them service people were back home with their kin. i fear we cant help them people over there, and i believe that history will prove me out. but what to do? thats the real mess of it. thats my opinion and those what knows me knows i dont count for much but one vote. i will stilll vote for freedom, anywhere it shows itself on a ballot. i just wish it were differant for them whats innocent.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: 1000th casualty

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community