Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: 30 Things Hurricanes Charley Fran

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Rowdy Yates on September 11, 2004 at 06:37:27 from (207.69.40.210):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: 30 Things Hurricanes Charley Frances posted by DD on September 11, 2004 at 06:10:37:

:) after rereading what I wrote, it may have come off the wrong way.....sorry. In my state the only thing that you'll probably get is a possible flood. Here is how it has worked......the first time it floods, FEMA will come along and help you out, the next time it floods, they buy everyone out. Unless you have insurance. End of story, you're on your own from there on, no more government dollars whatsoever, which is the way it should be. It is no elses responsibility for my misfortune, that's life....live with it. In my opinion, it is no one elses problem if I choose to live in a creek bed. Florida on the other hand is in hurricane alley and is repeatedly having $$$$ thrown at it for natural disasters. You tell me what's the difference? They talk about price gouging.....hmmm?.....you watch the price of lumber and your insurance premiums nationwide and you'll see were the price gouging is going on. Don't get me wrong, I would help those people out as much as possible, I truly do feel for them. But how many times can a person keep rebuilding a home in a riverbottom before you keep helping them build a new one? There is no difference. If my home burns to the ground it would be just as devistating as being flooded or anything else, but does or will FEMA come and help me out? The answer is ..NO!

JMO

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 30 Things Hurricanes Charley Fran

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community