Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: About PC protection programs

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Peanut on September 14, 2004 at 11:26:24 from (12.10.115.129):

In Reply to: About PC protection programs posted by Clod on September 14, 2004 at 11:06:48:

Clod,

What version of Spy Doctor do you have? The current release (version 2.1) has an uninstaller included with it. Did you pay for the version or did you just install the trial version (free sample)?

You'll definitely want to go to you Windows Control Panel and look in Add/Remove Programs to see if it is there. If it is, click on remove and let 'er fly. If not, try going to your Start menu, All Programs, and then look for the Spyware Doctor listing. If you see an arrow to the side of the Spyware Doctor listing, expand it to see if Uninstall Spyware Doctor is listed. If so, click on it and let 'er fly.

On your other stuff - I prefer McAfee and Norton/Symantec as the anti-virus software of choice. Both are VERY good and getting updates is as simple as scheduling updates to happen automatically. I have mine scheduled to get updates daily in the middle of the night. I use Norton at work and McAfee at home.

You'd be wise to keep updated on ALL Microcrap/Microsoft security updates. Yes, they are a pain to download and install (especially if they want you to reboot after installing) but it is worthwhile to do if you like keeping your computer safe and running. Any time Microcrap says they have a Critical Update, check it out and get it installed right away. Those are the ones that plug to huge holes the hackers find in Microcrap's software.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: About PC protection programs

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community