Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

????

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Pitch on October 03, 2004 at 05:35:57 from (69.67.234.151):

It's grape harvest in these parts so the migrants are here. Last night as I was taking the daughters to the homecoming game and dance I saw a van with Texas plates on the side of the road. 7 Hispanics 5 men and 2 woman were with it and had a flat tire. I dropped the kids off and on the way back I stopped at the van. Their spare was worse than the flat so I loaded them up and took them down to the vinyard they are working. I then took the driver over to my place cause I had a couple of old tires that would fit that I no longer have use for. We demounted his and he got mine mounted and aired up (all with hand equipment)got him back to the van and on his way.
Anyway when I told the kids about it my youngest 15 went berserk. "you mean you let that filthy &*%#% near our house! Now every thing we have will be gone We'll have to lock up every time we go someplace",and on and on. I have never been so ashamed in my life I am at wits end. We didn't raise our kids that way and I have no idea where she got it from. Today will be an unpleasant day around here to say the least. I have to figure out some kind of lesson and punishment for her.
Migrants have been part of this area forever and she has seen them every spring and fall all her life. I have never known any problem to be caused by them except for long lines at the customer service window at the store when they are sending money home.
The old guy (driver) was extremely grateful and appeared to be mortified by the fact that he could not pay me. about 10 words of english on his end and zip spanish on mine. He literally turned his pockets out to show he had no money and hung his head . He shook my hand for what seemed to be 15 minutes saying gracias gracias senor.
I just need to figure out what the heck to do with the brat though.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: ????

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community