Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

4 Wheelers

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Taylor Lambert on October 05, 2004 at 20:21:02 from (68.216.45.227):

We had an interesting weekend at our wood waste landfill. Sometime over the weekend two 4 wheelers ran into our landfill we run for Tiffin Motor Homes. We have always had a problem with them since it was opened by my dad for Belmont Homes that made house trailers. Its a 77 acre site with lots of deep hills and hollow that we run like a state park its doesnt even resemble a landfill. We have alot of flowers and all planted there mostly Canna Lilies We have been having some ride into the same spot and walk around in the rubbish site. I cant tell if they are trying to get us shut down or are just nosey. The EPA in the last 10 years have us ranked as the number one waste site in Mississippi since we keep it clean and have never been written up. We came in Monday morning and found one of our gate postes pulled out of the ground. And the ditch at the end of the culvert mauled where an atv went head first into the ditch at the culverts end. Best I can tell since it is next to a hollow they came off the highway and didnt see the ditch they keep our reflectors that mark the ends of the culvert torn down. Our gate is a 2 inch 4 rail pipe fence and it goes to a 2 inch post edge of the hollow starts down that point so it has 3/8 mark cable for fencing down to a boulder. They had the post pulled down from winching and our 4000 Ford tractor had someone trying to start it. A neighbor said they had done it about 11:30 Saturday night. The best I can figure is that where i had backed the bushhog over the end of the culvert pipe on downhill side the ditch is about 2 feet wide and 3 feet deep. The other 4 wheeler went to the barn about 1/2 mile away into the landfill to get the tractor but it wouldnt start because of the battery so its getting a hidden kill switch on it tomorrow. My boss is wanting the whole landfill fenced in with Hog wire and an inside right of way to check it. Im getting to a point where i hate all 4 wheelers because of all the work we have to do over because they destroy the slopes and all our flower beds and picnic spots, And one thing that causes me to hate them more and more is that when you catch them and tell them that if i cant keep them out i could get the landfill shut down and they come right back. One of the bosses at the office of tthe Motor home plant gave a few lead men keys to deer hunt over there in November but now keys are all over had to change the locks and I may go to using a different lock over the weekends that i dont have to work.
Im going tomorow to buy 400 dolars worth of game camera and another 250 dollars worth of steel to make them armored to place them around and see who all comes in and out over the weekends. I may get dad lock the gate Friday with me in side ill just park my truck in the shed or in the woods on a hill and wait. I hate to let this bother me but it does especially since the last 2 weekends Ive had 3 flower beds, a stone bench and 12 nice sycamore tree saplings destroyed. I may also lay waste to a few deer and let the carcasses drive the others away. I wished we had some cattle laws like Texas has lol I kno the neighboring farmer would like to stop a few 4 wheelers himself. The new sheriff just says its just kids and thats there way. If we get some pictures and locate the folks doing it they can be fined up to 1200 dollars per vehicle and damages seed fertilizer and other expenses added. Again i hate to start a new month off with a rant.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: 4 Wheelers

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community