Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: A New Milestone

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Seahag on October 23, 2004 at 14:31:51 from (24.164.116.246):

In Reply to: Re: Re: A New Milestone posted by Cindi on October 23, 2004 at 14:01:43:

Boy thats a tough call. Sink or swim, sometimes you have to just let em go and see for theirselves that the world isnt always gonna treat them kindly. I raised 4 and they are all gone and married and have kids of their own. Cindi, there is still the possibility that she will wake up, and come home to take her punishment. I wish I could give you an answear that would make you feel better but I truly believe that you did the right thing and that you are continuing to do the right thing by sticking to your guns. To many parents say one thing and do another. They say they are going to do so and so and never follow through, the easy part is to give in honey, the hard part is to not give in. Just realize that from one old grandma here you are RIGHT in what you did and that I admire you for staying put in your decision. My youngest is pregnant with her second child and initially left her husband shortly after she found out she was pregnant when he decided to get a girl friend. She moved in with her sister and stayed until about last week, she is due in about 8 weeks. His girlfriend left him and she feels sorry for him so she went back to him. I dont agree with her decision, but its hers not mine. When she married this man we did not approve of him so she, in her infinate wisdom mouthed off to her father and told him to do something physically impossible to himself, consequently we did not attend the wedding. Her father does not speak to her and just now started to acknowledge her son as a grand child.

SOOOOO we have been there and done that and now she makes her bed and lays in it this is sticking to your guns honey, no help from mom and dad this was your choice. If you are starving I will feed you and your child will not suffer but we have to cut the lines somewhere.
I know its realllllly hard but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
I was always mad at my folks at 18 too but that passed with time. They have been gone 20 years and there is not a day that goes by that I dont miss them and wish they were here with me, they were only 61 and 66 when they died, too young too soon. One in October one in November so the fall is not my favorite time. But I had to go on and so will you. Keep your chin up Im here.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: A New Milestone

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community