Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: 100 years ago

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Farmall on November 11, 2004 at 17:54:03 from (209.240.205.62):

In Reply to: 100 years ago posted by tacon1 on November 11, 2004 at 05:07:58:

a hundred years ago? Heck, my grandpa died in 58. Was in WW1, then farmed alla his life. Only owned 1 tractor, a 34 Case CC which I now have. How would you explain, how a helocopter flys, how the navigational system in new cars works, (his last car being a 39 Ford), How you can put a whole movie on a disc smaller than a 45 record, not to mention how you can get pictures on a disc, or tape players for instance. How you would farm without plowing, pick 20 rows of corn at a time yourself, how new combines could cost over $200.000, how an acre of land could cost $2000, How yould could earn $ 10,000 a year and not hardly make it. How a war could last 10 yrs, how every other marriage ends up in divorce. why nobody uses lard anymore, or cans, or hardly even gardens anymore. Where all the one room schools went, and why. or how they can take a rail car or simi truck van and stretch it 2 or 3 times its length then. why a zip code, why 10 digit phone numbers. Why phones ca n be the same size as a cigerette pack and not have a cord. Why anyone would want to have webtv or putor to talk nightly to people you dont know. How you can pay your bills without leaving the house. what a Wal Mart is and how big it is, why a gas pump talks to you, why everybody locks there cars and houses nowadays, (Tho, he had a 29 Ford Coupe stolen right in frount of his house. The guy had a jacket like my dad wore, and my aunt saws the guy driving off and thought it was my dad. The car was found wrecked in Leveanworth.) How a microwave works, and why nobody hardly uses a stove anymore. Why most country folks dont burn wood or coal anymore. Where all the farmsteads have gone, and why. All this in just 55 years

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: 100 years ago

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community